with Chris Germer, Kristin Neff, Hailan Xiaoxia Guo, and Joy Huang
This offering is an intensive version of the empirically-supported 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, which combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. Program activities include short talks, experiential exercises, meditation, group discussion, and home practices. MSC is an opportunity to explore how we typically respond when difficulties arise in our lives and to learn tools for becoming a warm and supportive companion to ourselves.
In MSC you’ll learn to:
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the science of self-compassion
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Teach simple self-compassion skills to others
This program is designed for members of the general public. Meditation experience is not necessary to participate in MSC. All are welcome!