with Chris Germer and Sydney Spears
This offering is an intensive version of the empirically-supported 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, which combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. Program activities include short talks, experiential exercises, meditation, group discussion, and home practices. MSC is an opportunity to explore how we typically respond when difficulties arise in our lives and to learn tools for becoming a warm and supportive companion to ourselves. This program is designed for members of the general public. Meditation experience is not necessary to participate in MSC. All are welcome!
This course is being managed by CMSC and held at the beautiful Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California.** Please see the Esalen site here for travel information and other tips on how best to plan your stay. And this page for Accommodations pricing.
The course begins with dinner at 6:00 pm on Sunday, December 8, 2019 and ends by 12:00 pm on Friday, December 13.
In MSC you’ll learn to:
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the science of self-compassion
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Teach simple self-compassion skills to others