Burgeoning research confirms that self-compassion is strongly associated with happiness and emotional wellbeing, lower levels of anxiety and depression, healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying personal relationships. It is an inner strength that enables us to be more fully human‚ to acknowledge our shortcomings, learn from them, and make necessary changes with an attitude of kindness and self-respect.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Our day together will include talks, meditation, experiential exercises, and group discussion. No previous experience with mindfulness or meditation is required to attend the program. Everyone is welcome.