Live Online Programs
A 30-week Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy (SCIP) Certificate Program is created specifically for psychotherapists who see the importance of self-compassion for mental health & wellbeing and want to integrate self-compassion more deeply into their own way of practicing.
Available Online through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion
- Live Online MSC (LOMSC). Contains the same content as MSC programs offered in a classroom and is taught live by a certified MSC teacher. LOMSC is ideal for those people who do not have access to MSC in their area, who have commitments or mobility issues that make it difficult to leave home to do a course, or who have already done MSC and would like a refresher.
- MSC Community for Deepening Practice (CDP). 8-month, weekly, live deepening course for MSC graduates. Ideal for those wishing for dedicated self-compassion study with a small, committed group of other MSC graduates.
- MSC Circles of Practice. An ongoing, hourlong, drop-in practice group open to all MSC graduates. Donation-based.
Recorded Online Programs
Compassion in Therapy
The Awake Network and The Center for Mindful Self Compassion have partnered to create the Compassion in Therapy Summit, put together with 20+ leading experts in the fields of mindfulness and compassion-based therapies, neuroscience, and compassion training.
The Power of Self Compassion: A Step-by-Step Training to Bring Kindness and Inner Strength to Any Moment of Your Life
Chris and Kristin teamed up with the Sounds True team to offer 12+ hours of high-quality videos, plus real-time online consultation, in this step-by-step self-compassion training. An ideal introduction to the practice of mindful self-compassion. Enjoy our series of three introductory teaching videos. This program is offered by Sounds True every 1-2 years.
Master Series on the Clinical Application of Compassion: A 4-Module Series on Integrating Compassion-Oriented Treatment into Clinical Practice
- Module 1: The Neurobiology of Compassion
- Module 2: How Compassion-Oriented Therapies Work and What Makes Them So Effective
- Module 3: How to Transform Shame with Self-Compassion
- Module 4: How to Skillfully Apply Compassion in the Treatment of Trauma and Attachment Rupture
Plus additional bonus programs featuring teachings by Chris Germer and Kristin Neff
The Power of Therapeutic Presence: Mindfulness and Compassion for Clients and Clinicians
The Power of Therapeutic Presence is a unique online course filled with practical meditative and mindfulness exercises and tools that will cultivate presence deeply into your clinical work and life. Join Chris, along with Ron Siegel, Christopher Willard, Susan Pollak, and others to learn ways of enhancing both your professional practice and personal wellbeing. Earn up to 11 CE hours.
The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion provides information about MSC, an 8-week program designed to cultivate self-compassion skills for daily life. Founded in 2012 by Chris Germer and Kristin Neff, the center is a place where people can learn about self-compassion, find out where to train in MSC, continue to practice MSC skills, and explore how to teach MSC to others.Please go to the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion for further details.